Internal Job Opportunity
Appraiser II (or lesser)
Major Industry Power Assessment (MIP) Team:
About the Opportunity
Location: Vancouver Sea to Sky Office - Vancouver, BC
Job Opportunity Type: Permanent Change to MIP team from the VSS office
Restrictions: Restricted Opportunity to current permanent Appraiser I or II employees in the Vancouver Sea to Sky office
Reports to: Sr. Appraiser, Major Industry Power Assessment Team - VSS
Competition Closes: June 5, 2013 @ 4:30 p.m. PDT
About the Major Industry Power Assessment Team
One provincial team will assess all the Major Industrial Electrical Power Group properties for the entire province. The team operates independently with staff members located in one of four key geographic locations: Vancouver, Surrey, Prince George and Victoria (Uptown).
Service agreements clearly lay out the roles and responsibilities of the Major Industry and Power Assessment Team and the Area Offices (see MIP’s sharepoint site for more information).
The MIP and EPG portfolio is a highly specialized, highly technical portfolio. Assessments are determined by legislation, legislated cost manuals and case law. Property values and taxes paid are steep. It is a politically sensitive portfolio.
In order to appropriately manage the assessment of these properties, it is important to:
• Maintain uniform assessments through consistent and coordinated application of MIP and EPG manuals, case law decisions, and exemptions and classification.
• Develop and foster relationships with Industry representatives.
• Create a strong corporate focus on the assessment of MIP and EPG properties.
In particular it is vitally important for BCA to:
• Develop and sustain deep staff expertise in the assessment of MIP and EPG properties and in defending MIP and EPG properties at appeal.
• Increase staff knowledge of the Industries valued by MIP and EPG manuals.
• Attract staff with the right competencies for the assessment of MIP and EPG properties.
• Promote a strong mentoring program to ensure sustainable staff expertise in the assessment of MIP and EPG properties.
To accomplish these objectives, BCA has established a dedicated MIP team with a separate budget, reporting to a Deputy Assessor (Tina Boag) in Victoria. The office will be staffed be 12 Appraisers, one administrative assistant and one Deputy Assessor. The Deputy Assessor reports to the Director of AVS. The VP of Field Operations is ultimately accountable for the new team.
In order to ensure the long-term development of the team members and success of the team, it will also be treated as a separate team for the purposes of the selection process. However, any new permanent vacancies on the MIP team at the Appraiser II level will be filled first by posting an Internal Job Opportunity restricted to the geographic location in which the vacancy will be located. The Deputy Assessor, MIP Team will make the final applicant selection. There will be no formal selection process.
Please submit an Application to email@example.com with subject line:
Last Name, First Name – Competition Number 13-21
**For more information or if you have questions, please contact Tina Boag directly