(Temporary Full Time)
- Are you an individual who enjoys the challenge of creating and implementing leadership programs?
- Do you thrive with a bit of pressure and deadlines that challenge you for success?
- Are you a passionate and driven professional looking for your next career challenge?
• Attractive Annual Salary Range: $68,000 to $80,000
• Location: Uptown Office - Victoria, BC
• Term end date: June 6, 2014
• Competition closes: May 13, 2013 @ 4:30 p.m. PDT
(OPEN 1 WEEK ONLY – Apply NOW!)
About the Opportunity
BC Assessment is now searching for a dynamic Knowledge Transfer Enthusiast who can join our Learning Centre team to support our Leading to Value leadership development project.
Are you a learning specialist who can easily identify employee training and development needs and who can develop and implement learner-focused strategies, related programs, solutions and initiatives? We want you if your superior facilitation skills are only out paced by your ability to support a leadership culture using your change management expertise to create skills and tools that empower leaders and shift a company from Good to Great!
During your year at BC Assessment, you can expect to:
• Design, Develop and implement a leadership development program for all people leaders at BC Assessment known as “Leading to Value”;
• Facilitate leadership conversations within the “Leading to Value” program across our organization about what our vision for leadership will look like at BC Assessment;
• Implement management skills training for our people leaders across the province and throughout our company.
If you are an experienced and passionate learning professional with a related university degree or diploma in Education, Leadership and Training, Management Development or Adult Education, and you can demonstrate your advanced experience in project management and change management,
then this just may be the opportunity for you!
Your three years of related experience or more, in employee training and development, will benefit you in this role. However such experience in a unionized environment would be even better. Your knowledge and experience in coordinating, negotiating and administering training contracts would also be a great asset for this exciting role.
Finally, we want you if you possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail that ensures your ability to identify issues and recommend solutions all while providing a customer focus to learning delivery for your internal customers. You have a strong ability to prioritize work and easily create and foster important relationships to establish credibility and influence in a well established company.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
• Overnight travel is required;
• A Canadian Society for Training Development and/or CHRP designation would be an asset.
About BC Assessment
Employees are the heart of BC Assessment. As a Crown corporation providing property assessment services for a variety of customers across the province, BC Assessment recognizes the importance of its employees' contributions.
BC Assessment seeks to recruit, reward and retain great talent - the people who work hard to help make the corporation a leading property assessment organization and the first choice for property information in British Columbia. To find out more about BC Assessment, please click here.
BC Assessment values all property in the province of British Columbia. Our applications and data are used to create an annual Assessment Roll which informs and acts as an important factor for municipal and provincial taxation planning, policy and decision.
About the Benefits
BC Assessment is committed to the professional growth, development and well-being of their staff. In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package and a full range of benefits, including:
• Extended Health and Dental;
• Retirement and Pension Plans;
• Employee Family Assistance Program;
• Maternity and Parental Leave Top-Up Payments;
• Life/Sick Insurance Benefits;
• Vacation pay;
• Awards Recognition
For more details on the array of benefits BC Assessment has to offer, please click here. If you'd like to find out what it's like to work at BC Assessment, click here to view our career videos.
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Upon joining the BC Assessment team, you'll find yourself working with a group of friendly, team-oriented individuals who strive to deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Best of all, you can look forward to an environment where your skills and experience are truly appreciated and rewarded.
This position is excluded from the Bargaining Unit, and BCA intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition.
Apply NOW! Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line:
LastName, FirstName- Competition Number 13-18
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with BC Assessment,
however only those shortlisted will be contacted.