Are you a driven professional looking for your next career challenge?
Are you passionate and driven leader with solid project management experience?
Do you thrive with a bit of pressure and deadlines that challenge you for success?
Would you look forward to an array of outstanding benefits, including four weeks of vacation to start, in-house training/development, and career planning support?
Join Us Today!
• Attractive Annual Salary: $79,800 – $93,900
• Location: Uptown Office - Victoria, BC
• Competition closes: June 7, 2013 @ 4:30 p.m. PST
About the Opportunity
We are looking for that person with a blend of Customer Service aptitudes and a passion for Business Intelligence and Analytics. The role of Manager, Information Services will use their account management skills to strengthen, grow and evolve our partnerships with our private, municipal, provincial and federal stakeholders. All-the-while ensuring that our information core products are delivered through various channel support mediums and integrated electronic service applications.
If you have a university degree in Business, Information Management, Information Technology or equivalent; Public Administration, Business Administration; 5 years of experience in working in a high performance, customer focused environment in the delivery of information services and support with outstanding achievements, then this is the opportunity for you!
Please note: an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
The Manager, Information Services has the main responsibility to serve as leader of the Information Services team, managing and developing the operational implementation and support of a long term information services delivery strategy that is proactively integrated into BCA business and operation activities. This person will work within a complex and evolving system environment, using available business intelligence/analytics technologies, and manage the development of internal operational and management reports; external standard and custom information/data and geospatial (i.e. maps and imagery) products and reports. This position will report to the Director, Services Delivery following an organizational realignment currently underway.
In your first year, you can expect to:
• Develop and build on business relations with customers and partners (ex. Local Governments, Property Owners, Data Partners, First Nations, Provincial and Federal Ministries Agencies LTSA, );
• Coordinate and support the scheduled activities for the production, statutory reporting and maintenance of the annual assessment rolls and notices delivery;
• Using COGNOS tools, create a disciplined reporting process and reassess how we deliver custom reports and notices in the context of “Open Data”;
• Create and find continuous improvements for our core product, channel support (ex. E-ValueBC, Customer Connections (telephony), Assessment LinkBC);
• Revisit and improve the customer support for Integrated Electronic Channels that provide data and information to our customers; ranging from phone, web or email customer interactions);
• Develop and maintain information service catalogues and service level agreements with customers and stakeholders as well as internal staff.
About BC Assessment
Employees are the heart of BC Assessment. As a Crown corporation providing property assessment services for a variety of customers across the province, BC Assessment recognizes the importance of its employees' contributions.
BC Assessment seeks to recruit, reward and retain great talent - the people who work hard to help make the corporation a leading property assessment organization and the first choice for property information in British Columbia. To find out more about BC Assessment, please click here.
BC Assessment values all property in the province of British Columbia. Our applications and data are used to create an annual Assessment Roll which informs and acts as an important factor for municipal and provincial taxation planning, policy and decision.
About the Benefits
BC Assessment is committed to the professional growth, development and well-being of their staff. In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package and a full range of benefits, including:
• Extended Health and Dental;
• Retirement and Pension Plans;
• Employee Family Assistance Program;
• Maternity and Parental Leave Top-Up Payments;
• Life/Sick Insurance Benefits;
• 4 Weeks Vacation to start;
• Awards Recognition
For more details on the array of benefits BC Assessment has to offer, please click here. If you'd like to find out what it's like to work at BC Assessment,click here to view our career videos. BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Upon joining the BC Assessment team, you'll find yourself working with a group of friendly, team-oriented individuals who strive to deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Best of all, you can look forward to an environment where your skills and experience are truly appreciated and rewarded.
This position is excluded from the Bargaining Unit. BCA intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition.
Apply NOW! Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line:
LastName, FirstName- Competition Number 13-06
***We currently have 2 other competitions open within the Business Customer Services division at BC Assessment (#13-13, #13-07).
If you wish to be considered for those competitions, simply apply ONCE and indicate in your cover letter, for which positions you wish to be considered.***
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with BC Assessment,
however only those shortlisted will be contacted.