Locations: Prince George (6 positions)
Dawson Creek (2 positions), Terrace (2 positions)
Start Date: May 2013 End Date: October 2013
Competition Number: 13-17
Posting Date: April 29, 2013
Deadline for Applications: May 13, 2013 @ 4:30 p.m. PDT
Reports to: Senior Appraiser
A Property Information Collector is an entry level position responsible for collecting inventory and data. Work is performed under supervision and following clearly defined guidelines and procedures. Work is routinely checked by the supervisor for completeness, timelines and accuracy. The Property Information Collector performs inspections on new properties, changes existing properties, measures to verify accuracy and identify changes to be made to assessment records.
Duties include: inspecting, measuring, sketching, and collecting physical, economic, legal and related data on assigned property types, and entering the information into the appropriate records systems. Work is performed within clearly defined guidelines and procedures.
For more information on the Property Information Collector position please click here.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Completion of Grade 12 is required.
• Courses such as building construction, assessment/appraisal, surveying, AutoCAD and/or engineering, or other related disciplines are preferred.
• Some experience in building construction, drafting, estimating, real estate, AutoCAD or other allied field is preferred
• Eligible to work in Canada
• Willingness for occasional travel
• Minimum valid class 7(N) BC automobile driver’s license (or equivalent) is required.
This is a bargaining unit position with an annual salary of $32,014.41 - $37,664.00.
Hourly rate is $17.52 - $20.61.
All BCA employees have access to a comprehensive benefits package.
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply by submitting the Property Information Collector Questionnaire to email@example.com with a subject line:
LastName,FirstName-Competition Number 13-17
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with BC Assessment; however only those shortlisted will be contacted.